The purpose of the Public Works Department is to promote and oversee the construction and maintenance of the City’s infrastructure.
Superintendent of Public Works
- It is hereby established the position of superintendent of operations.
- The superintendent of operations shall be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the city council, and reports to the Mayor.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the functions of the public works department, including streets, stormwater systems, sanitary sewer systems, water systems, and facility maintenance.
- Supervises all public works personnel.
- Manages the operations of the public works department
- Provides managerial leadership and supervision to subordinates and evaluates job performances.
- Attends city council meetings and committee meetings, if required.
- Responds to department inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or member of the business community.